What is expected when attending the BoatSafe Course:
- Online or face to face theory training
- 50 question multiple choice theory assessment (45 mins to complete) 100% pass requirement
- Practical training driving the boat (until you are competent in all tasks)
- Practical assessment – you Must successfully complete all tasks to be deemed competent.
Participants are encouraged to practice driving a boat with another licenced skipper before arriving at a BoatSafe course you may not be competent in driving the boat in just one day.
What is included in the “Learner Practical Training”
At Nautical Training & Marine Services we offer beginner on water training “Learner Practical Training” sessions for those who don’t have friends or family with boats that you can practice on. These training sessions are structured in the same way that new car driver would engage with a car driving instructor.
Some of the activities you will practice are:
- Man overboard drill
- Safely approach a floating object
- Port and Starboard turn on and off the plane
- Figure 8 manoeuvre on and off the plane
- Berthing and unberthing the boat
- General navigation and control of the vessel
- Operate at 6 knots or less
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us to discuss. 0412550570